Factors Associated with the Development of Dyslipidemia Among Pediatric Patients with Diabetes: A single-center based study
Dr. Fahd Alshammri, PGY2
Supervisor: Dr. Katherine Morrison
This presentation will review dyslipidemia in pediatric patients with diabetes, what are known as risk factors and what are the complications. Will also present our ongoing research project that is evaluating dyslipidemia in patients following at McMaster Children’s Hospital diabetes clinics.
- Brief overview of dyslipidemia in pediatric patients with diabetes
- Review a research project to evaluate dyslipidemia in patients followed at McMaster Children’s Hospital diabetes clinics.
- Discuss & gather feedback on the study design, methods and data analysis plan
Barriers to providing optimal care to complex care patients in the Emergency Department
Dr. Sarah Altamimi, PGY2
Supervisor: Dr. April Kam
This session will provide an overview of a qualitative study looking at barriers to providing optimal care to complex care patients in the Emergency Department setting by exploring four commons themes and questioning Emergency Department staff and fellows.
- describing complex care patients
- exploring barriers to care in the ED setting
- reviewing statistical approaches to study data